Frequently asked questions
Which web browsers are supported by Mark my bird?
Mark my bird uses a technology called WebGL to display 3D models of the bird bills, this is widely supported by modern browsers including:
- Internet Explorer (IE), version 11 For Windows 7 and later
- Safari version 8* Part of OS X v10.10 "Yosemite" and later
*WebGL has been in Safari since version 5.1, part of Mac OS X v10.6 "Snow Leopard", however it is disabled.
To enable WebGL for these older versions of Safari do the following:
- Open Safari's Preferences from the menu bar Safari>Preferences
- Select the Advanced tab
- Turn on Show Develop menu in menu bar check-box
- The Develop menu should now be displayed in the menu bar
- Choose enable WebGL from this menu
Tablet / Phone (Limited to viewing only)
- iPad/iPhone: Safari Included with iOS 8.0 and later
- Android 4.4 and later (support varies by manufacturer)
For a full list of browsers and versions which support WebGL see: https://caniuse.com/#search=webgl